Extra Point: First 5 Picks Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans- The Houston Texans should take South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney with the 1st pick. Some might argue that the Texans are in need of one of the top Quarterbacks, but I don’t really think any of the top prospects are a sure thing. Clowney is a sure thing though. He will be an absolute animal in the NFL and it would be ludicrous to pass on this guy. His work ethic to some is an issue, but it is not big enough of an obstacle to pass on him. Texans do yourself a favor and draft this guy and look for Quarterback Aj McCarron or Derek Carr in the second round.
2. St Louis Rams- Draft offensive tackle Jake Matthews from Texas A&M. The Rams have been trying to bolster their line for years now. Last year they signed former #1 pick Jake Long to a long term deal with millions of dollars. However, this guy went down late in the season with a torn ACL and will be gone for the first few weeks of the season. Jake Matthews will be perfect for not only giving the line a boost but also for the future. The Rams need a guy to protect Sam Bradford and also give him more time to throw to his young receivers.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars- Pick Clemson’s Wide Receiver Sammy Watkins. This guy is a freak of nature on the football field and probably the best wide receiver prospect since A.J. Green or Julio Jones in the 2011 draft. This guy will give Chad Henne or a young quarterback late in the draft a great #1 receiver to throw to.
4. Cleveland Browns- The Browns should trade down and get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. They will probably will take a quarterback here but in all honesty I think Brian Hoyer is a better option for Cleveland. He came in to a few games last year and killed it under center and had the Browns on a 3 game win streak. Trade down, don’t take a chance on a young quarterback.
5. Oakland Raiders- Take outside linebacker Khalil Mack. Lets face it Oakland, you have more holes than Swiss Cheese. This is the best guy available at this point and will be great in improving the atrocious Oakland defense.