How to Win Diplomacy
February 5, 2013
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
The sophomore class has embarked on a journey that test their wits, strategy, and even friendships. “What is this test?” you may ask. Why, Diplomacy. A war strategy game played every year in Western Civ. The game pits a group of students against each other, who must then come up with a plan to conquer the most land in virtual Europe. But how does one go about doing this? Here are some tips from some seasoned Diplomacy veterans:
1. Make alliances as soon as you start
2. Be prepared to bribe other players who don’t initially want to ally with you
3. Bargain with other players. If the teacher offers extra credit, offer to split some of it if they let you win
4. Try to be one of the countries on the edge, because then you can spread from the outside inwards
5. Be sneaky with your advances
6. Use Facebook or texting to communicate with your allies after school
7. As soon as you are in a secure position, turn on your allies
8. Don’t be afraid to play with other people’s emotions.
9. If you’re ahead, keep going, eventually the others will give up if you’re beating them by enough
10. Play with all your heart and soul. You need to be intense while playing Diplomacy