Feature: M-A Poll Accurately Predicts Academy Awards Results
Leading up to the Academy Awards, we presented a poll that allowed our readership to cast their votes for who they thought would take home an Oscar in each major category. The results are in, and our readership accurately predicted each winner! Below is the original poll, with the results of the Academy Awards:
As the 85th Annual Academy Awards approach, there is no doubt that each of the nominees is extremely talented. But who will come out on top? We’ve already seen Ryan’s Oscar Picks; now it’s time for our readership to weigh in and decide.
- Argo (40%, 10 Votes)
- Django Unchained (24%, 6 Votes)
- Lincoln (20%, 5 Votes)
- Les Misérables (12%, 3 Votes)
- Silver Linings Playbook (4%, 1 Votes)
- Amour (0%, 0 Votes)
- Beasts of the Southern Wild (0%, 0 Votes)
- Life of Pi (0%, 0 Votes)
- Zero Dark Thirty (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 25
Best Actor in a Leading Role?
- Daniel Day-Lewis (64%, 14 Votes)
- Hugh Jackman (18%, 4 Votes)
- Bradley Cooper (9%, 2 Votes)
- Denzel Washington (9%, 2 Votes)
- Joaquin Phoenix (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 22
Winner: Daniel Day-Lewis
Best Actress in a Leading Role?
- Jennifer Lawrence (62%, 13 Votes)
- Jessica Chastain (24%, 5 Votes)
- Emmanuelle Riva (5%, 1 Votes)
- Quvenzhané Wallis (5%, 1 Votes)
- Naomi Watts (4%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 21
Winner: Jennifer Lawrence
Best Actor in a Supporting Role?
- Christoph Waltz (35%, 7 Votes)
- Robert De Niro (30%, 6 Votes)
- Tommy Lee Jones (20%, 4 Votes)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman (10%, 2 Votes)
- Alan Arkin (5%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 20
Winner: Christoph Waltz
Best Actress in a Supporting Role?
- Anne Hathaway (75%, 18 Votes)
- Sally Field (17%, 4 Votes)
- Amy Adams (4%, 1 Votes)
- Jacki Weaver (4%, 1 Votes)
- Helen Hunt (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 24
Winner: Anne Hathaway
Tune in to watch the Academy Awards on February 24th, and see if our readership’s predicted results prove to be correct!